Friday, February 21, 2014

Face your fear, take a chance.



"Sometime we should take a risk to accomplish something for one time only”  it’s like "just for this moment" because if we didn’t do this we might be stock forever in that situation, of course you also must ask help from God who work for everything.



Last night, I was driving along Buendia going to Ayala to bring something important, on the way, I saw the temperature of my car got high, but I must really reach my destination, so, although I was worried that it might bug me down in the middle of the street I didn’t stop, despite of worrying I reached my destination, after I drop my subject, the temperature reached in the red level and there was a smoke already coming from my engine, so, I have no choice but to stop for awhile and ask the guard for water, after I put some water in the engine, I drove back to our base but it’s still in the red level, didn’t go down even there is already a water, what I do is, take the risk  its already late night, I must reach our home base, there was a three traffic light in the way, to cool down the engine for awhile, every stop light I shut off the engine then start it again when it on green light, of course, I pray, an intense prayer to God that He let me just reach the house, if not I don’t know what I will do, its late in the evening, our office was close already, my money is not enough to pay for the tower, what is on my me is faith and determination that I will reach our garage,  It’s a judgment call, finally, I reached our home base.

 

After what happening, I decided to bring our car to car shop for repair, I tried my luck again, it’s about 9 kilometer travel to our motor pool, I brought  10 liters of water for sure, but my luck didn’t work anymore, I been stopped at the middle of EDSA for overheating, there is a lot of towing truck roaming around EDSA and the one got me, my plan is just to cool down the engine but I’m in the middle of the way so they had to tow our car to the impounding area, for obstruction, I been argued with them but they insisted so, there nothing to do but to let them tow our car, and it cost of 2, 500 thousand pesos, what an embarrassing moment and a waste of time.

 

Although, our car was old, it  has a maintenance every 4 months, there is water in the reserve tank the problem, there is a leak in the radiator the cause water to spill from it and also drained the radiator and the pump didn’t working that’s why no water goes to the radiator from the reservoir, so, it’s over heat.

 

What I have done is, my own decision, I didn’t suggest this to others, I do this because I know and I prepared for whatever happen, you know what will happen if your engine over heated, your radiator might break, sometime it will cause fire, because of heat the wiring might spark to fire.

 

I'm not an expert but let me suggest this base on my experience, what we should do to let it not happen. There are two things I can suggest.

 

First, before you sit to drive your car, check everything, the engine, water, oil, steering fluid, light and tires. Sometime because we trust that our car was in good condition, we didn’t check it. If you feel or found something not normal, bring it to the car repair shop for check up.

 

Second, make it a habit to bring your car to car shop for check up, and preventive maintenance, at least 3 times a year, although it will not guarantee that your car didn’t have a trouble anymore but at least it will lessen the problem, especially when your car is old.

 

Maintaining the car cause you to spend more money, plus the spare part and accessories that you must buy, if you have a car, you should know and prepare for it. Even it well maintains.

 

"We should prepare always, we don’t know what will happen, and sometime we fall into expecting that everything is just fine."

No comments:

Post a Comment