Sunday, October 28, 2012

What is Baptism. (My Baptism, Revised)

Baptism  is a Christian rite of admission and adoption, almost invariably with the use of water, into the Christian Church generally and also a particular church tradition
 
Clip art source: http://www.higherpraise.com/

Baptism means, immersion, a total submerging of the body in the water.

In my own views and experience, Baptism is to clean us from sin we have done and to have a new life, the old has gone, the sin left under the water and the new cleaned body comes out,(Spiritually cleaned Body) Its done by a authorize minister of the Church. 

Spiritually, it is not the water that will clean us from sin but the Holy Spirit of God after we confessed our sin to God, He will forgive our Sin. Confession, Immersion and Forgiveness. When our  Minister announced that we are scheduled for Baptism, we are so happy after bible study at last we're going to be baptize. We buy things that we are going to use in baptism like white t-shirt, white short and white slipper, even though our money is limited we prioritized those things. Our baptism is about 9 o‘clock in the morning, a worship start at 7 o‘clock so we have to go there at early as the morning, it about 14klm away from our home and we have to catch up our service going there at the central temple of Iglesia ni Cristo.  

A night before baptism we're so excited we can't sleep nor eat, we just slept for 2 hours, at 3 o‘clock in the morning we prepared our-self for baptism, really excited. When We‘re in the Central Temple of Iglesia ni Cristo, I can‘t explained my feeling, I cried, I said this is it father, I‘m almost there going to my new life, my body was trembling, feeling like a cold water flowing on my whole body. After Baptism, I feel fresh, I feel I have a new life,

 A new life in True God and True Church in Iglesia ni Cristo, (Church of Christ). 

No comments:

Post a Comment